Newborn Chunky Pixie Bonnet

Sunday, February 16, 2014

WARNING! You guys are going to see a lot of Pixie hats! When I first saw them, I thought they were ugly and reminded me of an elf...who would want to look like an elf, right?! But now, I think they are adorable! and, I'm obsessed! Anyone else out there?! This is the quickest hat I've EVER made! and it was so much fun because you get to make a fun stitch. I've never made this stitch before and nor heard of it either. It's the Daisy Stitch. I think it would look really cute if you made a matching baby blanket with this same stitch :) Putting it in my Queue! This is also a perfect photo prop, so photographers, time to start a new hobby! ;)

The designer did an excellent job with writing the pattern. It is very easy to follow. Since I was using super chunky yarn, instead of chunky(like the pattern suggests) I went down a needle size. So, if you're using chunky, or bulky size 5, then use size 19 needles.

Pattern by Aimee Collins (She's got LOTS of other cute hats for newborns)


©Beautiful Ewe 


Materials I used:

Photo by iKNITS

My Ravelry of this Pixie hat
Follow me on Instagram for more giveaways and my every day life!


I looove seeing what you guys make, PLEEASE post a pic on my Facebook wall so I can see what you made! That's my favorite part about making these videos for you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Video Tutorial Playlists

Subscribe